The Literary Foundations course is dedicated to brain-based strategies for writing interesting, engaging compositions. Teachers participate in tactile-kinesthetic activities that teach students organization, progression, and development of ideas, including voice. Teachers are introduced to the vertical alignment of The Writing Academy process during this inservice. Teachers will be provided with strategies that are grade level appropriate and will return to their classrooms with confidence, as well as, a new sense of purpose in their own role in teaching successful writing. When teaching is fun, interesting, and engaging, it is effective for the students! By the end of this inservice, it will be apparent that the key to getting students to write like authors is teaching them to think like authors regarding transitions, voice, introductions, conclusions, and the various types of development.
Welcome to your Make and Take journey with Teach BIG: The Writing Academy! You will receive your box of Make and Take materials approximately one week from the date you sign up for the course. You are welcome to begin the course, but you will need to stop when a Make and Take time appears until you have received your box of goodies, unless you would like to progress through the course and compete the Make and Take at a later time.
Some Make and Take pointers:
- Your Make and Take box will be shipped to the mailing address that we are provided at the time of enrollment.
- Your box will arrive with only a mailing label on the front and a course label on the side of your box.
- You will have a cute top label that has been printed of full-sheet sticker paper inside your box. You can apply that label at any time.
- You will see that you are also receiving a sheet of stickers which have numbers upon it. Those are the number that will be applied to your bags as you create them.
- The course will build in instructions for making everything directly after the unit for which that activity applies.
- Some bags will contain a one whole group demonstration set, while others will contain small group or individual sets of manipulatives.
- A timer is embedded to provide time for you to complete the cutting, gluing, folding, or assembling.
- If you choose to add on the Make and Take portion after you have completed then course, you will receive a video with only the Make and Take portion of the course.
- A certificate of attendance will be assigned after the completion of the course/Make and Take time.
- It is your responsibility to truly engage and create all of the manipulatives designed for your class.
- All copyright laws apply to use, copying, and distribution of all materials contained within the Make and Take. The box of manipulatives is designed for one class and for the individual educator who completed the course.