In the Expository (9-12) course participants will experience how to take the foundation of Expository CAFE and learn how to achieve 3’s and 4’s. OCTO Surgery will become OCTO MORE, How and Why CAFÉ will become CAFÉ PLUS, and much more! Teachers will learn to take students who are good authors and equip them with the strategies to make them excellent authors. If you would like to empower your kids to reach their fullest writing potential through hands on, tangible, brain-based strategies, you do not want to miss this course!
Key concepts covered include:
- I-Write Foldables
- Prompt Analysis – Open & Closed Prompts
- Introduction Writing – Four Higher Level Approaches
- OCTO M.O.R.E.
- Main Body development – PLUS
- Altruistic CAFE & PLUS
- Transition Families
- Conclusion Writing – HAT Higher Level Approaches
- Prompt to Product
- PLUS Notetaking – Book Review
- Assessment Day Plan